Thursday 29 September 2011

Prep

I am having fun preparing for The People's Print  'Born to be Wild' workshop at the V&A  based on the current  Post Modernism exhibition. The workshop will study various Post Modernism design styles that will be re-created by handmade methods and manipulated digitally to create the first co-design swatch book shared by all the participants, ready to print, make and wear.
Being a design student in the 80's, I am in my element! re-connecting with design, art and music styles from 1970 -1970 that now have a significant place in history and that was a part of my design education.
With my main passion for pattern and textiles, I have been looking at French born Nathalie Du Pasquier,  a founder member of the Memphis group until 1986 where she was the designer of fabrics, textiles, carpets, furniture and objects. After the Memphis group broke up in 1987 Nathalie carried on to become a successful painter. Her work still has a love of colour, compostion and everyday objects that surround her.
Nathalie Du Pasquier.
Follow The People's Print workshop here



No comments:

Post a Comment